The Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock is a fundraising event that raises money for pediatric cancer research and support programs for children with a history of cancer. The Tour de Rock team cycles from one end of the Vancouver Island to the other, covering 1,000 kilometres and visiting more than 27 generous communities along the way.
We raised OVER 1 MILLION $$$! THANK YOU to our generous corporate & media sponsors, volunteers, schools & community… https://t.co/opSp2d4yKp
$1,278,065!! Thank you, Vancouver Island, for another incredible year and for such incredible support! https://t.co/hpInaLefBD
Here is your 2017 Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock team!
16 police officers, 2 media personalities and 6 special guest riders make up the 20th Tour de Rock team.
The 2017 Schedule
- Saturday September 23: Port Alice (Drive)
- Sunday September 24: Port Alice to Port Hardy and Port McNeill (97 kilometres)
- Monday September 25: Port McNeill to Woss and Sayward (140 kilometres)
- Tuesday September 26: Sayward to Campbell River (74 kilometres)
- Wednesday September 27: Campbell River to Comox Valley (60 kilometres)
- Thursday September 28: Comox Valley to Cumberland, Union Bay, Qualicum and Parksville (81 kilometres)
- Friday September 29: Parksville to Port Alberni (51 kilometres)
- Saturday September 30: Port Alberni to Ucluelet (102 kilometres)
- Sunday October 1: Tofino to Nanaimo (35 kilometres)
- Monday October 2: Nanaimo to Ladysmith and Chemainus (48 kilometres)
- Tuesday October 3: Chemainus to Lake Cowichan and Duncan (81 kilometres)
- Wednesday October 4: Duncan to Shawnigan Lake, Mill Bay, to Sooke to West Shore (78 kilometres)
- Thursday October 5: Oak Bay, Victoria and Sidney (40 kilometres)
- Friday October 6: Esquimalt, Saanich, and Victoria (40 kilometres)
- Friday October 6: Grand Finale