The Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock is a fundraising event that raises money for pediatric cancer research and support programs for children with a history of cancer. The Tour de Rock team cycles from one end of the Vancouver Island to the other, covering 1,000 kilometres and visiting more than 27 generous communities along the way.
Here is your 2016 Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock team!
The 2016 Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock team is made up of 14 police officers, 1 media personality and 2 special guest riders.
- Saturday September 24: Port Alice (Drive)
- Sunday September 25: Port Alice to Port Hardy and Port McNeill (97 kilometres)
- Monday September 26: Port McNeill to Woss and Sayward (140 kilometres)
- Tuesday September 27: Sayward to Campbell River (74 kilometres)
- Wednesday September 28: Campbell River to Comox Valley (60 kilometres)
- Thursday September 29: Comox Valley to Union Bay, Qualicum and Parksville (81 kilometres)
- Friday September 30: Parksville to Port Alberni (51 kilometres)
- Saturday October 1: Port Alberni to Ucluelet (102 kilometres)
- Sunday October 2: Tofino to Nanaimo (35 kilometres)
- Monday October 3: Nanaimo to Ladysmith and Chemainus (48 kilometres)
- Tuesday October 4: Chemainus to Lake Cowichan and Duncan (81 kilometres)
- Wednesday October 5: Duncan to Shawnigan Lake, Mill Bay, to Sooke to West Shore (78 kilometres)
- Thursday October 6: Oak Bay, Victoria and Sidney (40 kilometres)
- Friday October 7: Esquimalt, Saanich, and Victoria (40 kilometres)
- Friday October 7: Spirit Square Finale and Team Wrap-Up